We’ve made it past the first half of GuideToVaping’s Best of 2016 polling event, and now it’s time for a halftime status of the event that we publish each year. In this post I will address issues, share updates, and what we’re expecting in the future. Before we get to that, I would like to thank you to each and every one of you that have participated. Though this event isn’t the Oscars, it’s definitely become something that we as a community come together to partake in for the past 6 years. This site may not be the best, but I’m glad you all come to it during this time each year to take part.
- Some have complained that there are several entries that are the same.
- Those who participate aren’t looking through the list thoroughly, so they create duplicate entries.
- I periodically go back through each category and combine the entries and their respected votes.
- Some have complained that the polls aren’t working / can’t vote.
- The polls have been tested several times by my developer, myself, and participants. It’s working fine.
- If you can’t vote, it means that you’ve already voted or someone using the same IP on your network has already voted.
- We allow only 1 vote per household/IP.
- Some have complained about cheating or offering products for votes.
- Without a doubt we know people have cheated, it happens each year.
- If I catch someone cheating or giving away free products for votes, all of their votes will be removed from each category.
- Before next year’s event, I will incorporate new rules to help lay down solid structure of how we’ll deal with cheaters.
- Some have complained about entries not being consolidated/updated.
- I periodically fix, update, and consolidate entries in each category.
- There is one 1 person (myself) running this event each year, I can only move so quick (I still have posts/videos to publish)
- Since there are so many entries, ones that won’t effect the outcome in any way will not get consolidated.
- Example: if “Vapor Store A” has 3 votes and another entry of 5 votes, those may not get consolidated.
- Some have complained about entries in the wrong categories.
- Since participants of this event are the one’s submitting the entries, we can’t stop this from happening.
- To fix this problem, I go through each category and try to remove any entries that aren’t in the correct category.
- Example: Best Regulated Vape Mod – SubTank Mini <– I fix shit like this.
- Some have complained about the entries in each category.
- You must understand that I (Blake Brown) am not the one submitting these entries.
- The entries you see in the list to vote on are submitted by participants of this event.
- If you didn’t like the entries available, you could have submitted your own in the second option of each category.
- Some have complained that some entries are getting a lot of votes quickly.
- We understand your concern. I look into all of the votes and those receiving the votes.
- Use VapeWild for example: they have a larger following than you think, many customers, and they’re continuously letting customers know to vote for them on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Newsletters. Trust me, beating out those who are cheating is very possible, and VapeWild is proving that.
Best of 2016 Updates
- During the first days of the event (December 4th, 2016) website login was added.
- The halftime consolidation is 50% complete. I start on the RTA category later today and work my way down.
- I pick up the awards for the “Best of 2016” category Monday. A video showing awards shortly after on GuideToVaping YouTube Channel.
- If you want to sponsor next year’s Best of 2017, feel free to get in touch.
Expected In The Future
Just because we’ve met the halfway mark doesn’t mean the voting has completed and those at the top are set in stone. In fact, I’ve had the opportunity to speak with several vendors, groups, manufacturers and people that have shared that they will soon start telling their followers/fans/customers about the event and to come vote for them. There are several that we believe are set in stone and expected to win. I’m certain that the Goon RDA will win in the best RDA category, the TFV8 will win the best sub-ohm tank category, MaddScope in best e-liquid flavor, FastTech for best china prices, and several others are so far ahead, it would be difficult to catch them. I could be wrong though, like I said there are still some that are waiting.
As always, if you have any questions, concerns, or just want to give us a shout out, feel free to comment below on this post!