iJoy RDTA Box Mini Operation
Turning The RDTA Box Mini ON/OFF: To power the device on, you must press the fire button 5 times consistently. Once you’ve powered the device on, the RDTA Box Mini logo will appear on the OLED display screen, and it will show the firmware version just below. To power the device off, simply press the fire button 5 times consistently once again and the display will show “POWER OFF”, then the device will turn off completely.
Vaping: To vape using the iJoy RDTA Box Mini, simply press the fire button that is positioned above the OLED display screen. You must hold the fire button down for the duration of each puff. A single puff should only last a few seconds, so the fire button will only need to be pressed for a few seconds while you take a puff. Once you complete a puff, release the fire button so that it is no longer activated. In the event that you do not release the fire button, there is a firing timeout that is activated after 10 seconds for your safety.
Menu Navigation: To access the main menu of the device, you must press the fire button 3 times consistently. Once in the main menu, you have an option to choose between Variable Wattage mode, Temperature Control mode, Screen Rotation, Intensity Setting, TCR, and Settings.
- Variable Wattage Mode: Allows you to take advantage of the variable wattage function. To adjust the wattage, press the up and down adjustment buttons to increase or decrease the wattage amount.
- Temperature Control Mode: Allows you to take advantage of Ni200, Titanium, and Stainless Steel coils. Do not use Kanthal coils while in temp mode.
- Screen Rotation: This feature will allow you to rotate the screen. To rotate the screen, navigate to the screen rotation icon (second icon on the left from the top), then press the fire button to confirm. To switch the screen back, repeat the process.
- Intensity Setting: The intensity setting will allow you to choose between Norm, Hard, Soft, and User. Return back to our “tips” section to learn more about the Intensity Setting and what it does.
- TCR: Choose between TCR M1 and TCR M2 settings by choosing the “TCR” icon. To learn more about the TCR feature, return to our “tips” section.
- Settings: By clicking the “SET” icon you will be taken into the settings sub-menu that will allow you to turn the tank reservoir LED on or off. In this sub-menu you will allow be able to reset the puff counter, and change the screen time from 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 15 seconds, and 30 seconds. Choosing 5 seconds will mean that the OLED display screen will stay on for 5 seconds without pressing any buttons.
How To Set The TCR: Navigate to the main menu, then switch to the “TCR” icon to go into the TCR sub-menu. Press the fire button to confirm. Next press the fire button to choose between TCR M1 or TCR M2. Then press the right or left adjustment button to select a certain parameter. After the setup is complete, simply press the fire button to switch to exist, then press the left or right adjustment button to confirm.
How To Calibrate The Resistance: When the device is connected with a new atomizer, simply press the adjustment buttons at the same time to calibrate the initial resistance of the new atomizer. It is recommended that you always calibrate the resistance while in temp control mode, as this will make the temperature more accurate. Before you do this, make sure that the coils/atomizer installed is at room temperature.
Puff Counter: In any mode that you’re in, the display screen will show the number of puffs you’ve taken. If you press the fire button for more than 0.8 seconds it will be recorded as one puff. The default number is “000”, meaning there have been no puffs taken. When the number reaches “999”, the puff count will automatically clear.
Charging The Device: To charge the iJoy RDTA Box Mini, simply plug the USB cable that came included in the package into the micro-USB port positioned on the front of the device. Plug the opposite end into a USB port to supply power. The display screen will become animated showing that the device is currently charging. The animation will stop when the device is fully charged.