I really hate publishing news like this, but at the same time I feel that if people see it, maybe they’ll start becoming more cautious with their electronic cigarette.
This recent news come from The Associated Press stating that a toddler received burns after his mom’s e-cig exploded in their car.
a three-year-old boy was burned in the car when his mom’s e-cigarette battery overheated, sending the copper heating coil flying into the car seat and set the child’s clothing on fire. – Provo City Fire Marshall Lynn Schoffield
Schoffield says the mom was able to put the fire out quickly, but the three-year old had some first and second degree burns. Schoffield says the battery seems to have overheated.
We were very fortunate that the injuries were relatively minor, although painful. The mother was able to extinguish the fire before the burns became more severe.
Now this isn’t to say it was the mother’s fault by no means. The thing here to understand is, always inspect your e-cig and battery thoroughly, many times a day. Even when your e-cig is just sitting in your console, pick it up every so often to check that everything is okay. An on and off safety feature is often used on many electronic cigarettes these days, more so with your more bigger or advanced e-cigarettes. That said, it would be wise to look into safety features a device offers before making a purchase. I can’t stress enough just how vital practicing safe vaping is with electronic cigarettes.
You can read more of the story here: http://www.ksl.com/?sid=26986036&nid=148