Everyone has their reason to travel. But whether you’re traveling for pleasure or business, traveling is exhilarating. However, traveling as a vape enthusiast is a different thing. It’s all fun until you’re stopped at the airport.
Most airlines don’t allow vaping accessories, and even those that allow have placed rules for travelers to follow. In some countries, vaping is illegal. Therefore, doing the necessary due diligence will save you the trouble.
If it’s your first time traveling, then you might find understanding the rules challenging. Besides, flying rules are continually changing. But no need to worry because we are here to help.
In this article, we bring you all you need to know and answer your questions about traveling with your vaping accessories.
Can I Fly With MY Vape Device?
In most countries where vaping is legal, traveling with your vape gear is allowed but under certain rules. According to the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), you can only travel with your vaping accessories in carry-on bags. That means storing them on checked bags is prohibited.
Your e-cig, atomizer, vape pen, vaporizer, or e-juice should be appropriately stored in a vape case for transport in the aircraft cabin. However, this doesn’t mean you can bring any vape accessories with you. What you carry will be verified at security checkpoints.
To pass the inspection, make sure to:
- Avoid carrying more vape juice than allowed.
- Disconnect the vape device battery. It’s advisable to keep them in a battery case to avoid contact with metal objects, causing a fire.
- Empty the vape tank to avoid leakages in the plane.
Can I Carry Vape Juice on an Airplane?
You can carry about any type of vaping tool on a plane, and that includes vape juice. However, the vape juice should meet certain criteria for safety purposes. Here are some of the safety regulations you should adhere to:
- You should carry the vape juice in carry-on luggage.
- If you keep the vape juice in your checked luggage, then store it in a Ziploc bag for better protection.
- Bring less than 100ml of e-liquid in your carry-on bag. Any extra amounts should be kept in your checked bag. But you may need permission to carry the extra vape juice or other vaping materials.
- Avoid carrying more than 3.4 ounces of e-juice.
- Put all liquid in clear see-through bags.
- Avoid carrying the ejuice on fragile bottles that can break from the build-up of pressure.
- You can’t carry e-liquid with more than 20 mg/mL of nicotine in the EU, Israel, and the UK.
Can I Vape in the Airport?
Just like smoking, most airports don’t allow vaping. However, some airports have designated vaping zones. That means if you smoke in a non-designated area, then you may face some penalties. So, whether you can smoke in the airport depends on your airport’s rules and regulations.
Where vaping in the airport is illegal, the chances are high that you can’t vape on board. The airplanes are even designed to detect any matter denser than air. Patience is key, don’t give in to the temptation of dashing to the washroom to vape.
Vaping policies vary from one airline to another, even if vaping is legal in the country. The best way to avoid getting in trouble is to inquire with them in advance. You can also visit their website to check out their traveling policies.
Even if you’ve traveled with the airline before, make sure to check the current policies. The rules change and where vaping was legal before may be illegal now, or the other way. It’s essential to do adequate research before the due dates to avoid clashing with the law.
How Can I Travel With Vaping Gear to Other Countries?
Vaping in the U.S. is different from most countries. Traveling with your vape accessories is much easier here. In fact, vaping laws and smoking laws are almost similar. That means mist places that allow smoking also allow vaping. Most vape and smoking products can also be bought from the same place.
However, that’s not the case in some countries. Most of them have enacted strict laws on vaping and tend to be lenient on smoking. But still, vaping laws differ between countries. Here’s a roundup of some of the vaping laws in different countries:
- Vaping is illegal in Thailand, Singapore, Brazil, and India.
- Vaping in Norway, Australia, and Japan is legal, but selling nicotine vape juice is prohibited. However, some of the countries allow the importation of e-liquid for personal use.
- Most counties prohibit vaping in public places.
If you’re traveling to a foreign country, it’s your responsibility to be familiar with the local vaping policies. Most of the countries where vaping is illegal will confiscate your vape gear at the entry points and even penalize you. Vaping laws are constantly changing across the world; that’s why you should research thoroughly before traveling.
How to Travel by Train, Bus, Ship or Car with Your Vape Gear
Even when not traveling by plane, there are guidelines to follow. Here are some of the things you should do:
- Wrap the vape gear with a towel for extra protection.
- Keep the vape juice where you can easily access it.
- Use the original packaging when storing the items.
Generally, vaping is not allowed when traveling with other passengers. So, you may not be allowed to vape on the bus or train station.
Cruise ships generally use the same policy as with smoking. The rules depend on the cruise company. Some have designated areas where you can smoke or vape.
There are fewer restrictions when traveling in a personal car. However, you should avoid acts that might endanger other road users like refilling the device when driving.
If you treasure vaping, there’s no need to worry about air travel. Flying by plane is straightforward when you adhere to the rules. Although you can bring your vape gear on board, TSA has strict rules to enhance travelers’ safety.
These are some of the things that you need to keep in mind before and when traveling by air. To avoid troubles and delays, make sure to do proper research on your airline’s vaping rules and the country you’re visiting. Once through with that, you can be guaranteed of smooth traveling experience with your vape accessories.