A few years back, your favorite vapes products weren’t as efficient as they are today. The whole industry has come a long way from being confined to a few societies to spread widely across the globe. In 2017, the net worth of the vaping industry was estimated to be around $14 billion, which is predicted to grow three-fold in 2025 with an estimated market of $50 billion. This shows it is easily amongst the fastest growing industries of our planet.
The Evolution of Vaping Technology
The first-ever technology wasn’t even near to providing what the modern vapes have to offer today. The evolution timeline can be categorized into three generations:
Vapes from the very first generation looked a lot like regular tobacco cigarettes, but heavier and heftier, thus named as “cig-a-likes.” The resemblance is why many smokers still buy them. They come in both disposable and rechargeable models, whereas disposable ones being more portable and affordable. These vapes didn’t have many customizability or flavor options. Plus, the battery life was also pretty short.
Next, more portable pen-style vapes started manufacturing, having longer battery span, better flavor, and customizability options. They are better than cig-a-likes in all manner. Technology like clearomizer-style tanks can also be seen in this generation.
Advanced Personal Vaporizers (APVs) and Mods are the latest technology in the world of vapes, looking completely different than traditional cigs. They became instantly popular due to the full customization control they provide for the vaporizers. Further, they proffer variable voltage options, higher wattage, digital display, sub-ohm tanks, temperature control settings, airflow control, and many other impressive categories of features. This is why these devices cost a fortune.
The Current Vaping Trends
Manufacturers are racing to provide the best possible vaping experience. Here are a few things they currently intend to offer:
- Vapes having more temperature regulation are preferred today. To achieve this, manufacturers have introduced titanium and nickel wires, allowing hassle-free coupling with high wattage. Also, these materials enhance the flavor, strengthen the hit, and make the clouds thicker.
- Sub-ohm vapes are also pretty trendy nowadays due to their ability to provide enormous vapor clouds.
- The technology for the vapes, as in every other field, is shrinking. Today’s vapes have been extremely portable, making it easy to carry them around anywhere, which has become a necessity of the modern world. The epitome of today’s portability reflects in Yocan vaporizers. If you are a fan of portable pen devices, then you must check this brand out.
- Instead of commonly used cotton, companies are using OCC (organic cotton coils), which are cleaner, better, and resistant to bleaching.
- Built-in OLED displays have also become quite prevalent. They allow easy control of the temperature and enable the owner to keep track of the device’s health and status.
What Can We Expect from Future Vapes?
In the ever-changing vaping industry, the brands are always trying to throw new technologies to triumph over their competitors. During the process, they give us some incredible technology. Let’s see what the future holds for the vape world:
- Longer Batteries: The prime focus of the industry is to provide batteries having the potential to last for many days, especially for pen devices. Who knows, we might be able to witness stronger batteries in the near future.
- Better Processing: Microchips will enhance the working of software and their integration with mobile applications.
- Lasting Atomizer Coils: Current coils last for 1 – 3 weeks. Research is underway to enhance its performance and lifespan.
- Intensified Flavor: Many advanced users suffer from a lack of flavor intensity. They may hear good news in a couple of years, as manufacturers are determined to create products having stronger, more flavorful, and intense taste.